Leo Quan® Badass OGT™ Bass Keys - Open Gear Large Post - 4-in-line set
BIRTH OF A BADASS
Back in 1972, musician, innovator, and luthier Glen Quan saw the need for higher-quality guitar and bass bridges. With help from Leo Malliari of Leo’s Music in Oakland, CA, the first “Badass” bridges were born. “Leo Quan Badass” bridges were manufactured from a high-density Zinc alloy and offered improved attack, sustain and note-clarity. Badass® bridges quickly gained a following with artists looking to upgrade their Fender® basses and were ultimately featured on several Fender artist signature models. Through the ‘80’s, BC Rich, Spector and Kramer featured Badass bridges as original equipment on their instruments and artist acceptance continued to grow. Today, Badass is known worldwide as the standard for quality replacement hardware that will enhance the tone, playability and appearance of your guitar or bass.
BADASS OGT™ OPEN GEAR 4-IN-LINE BASS TUNERS
Designed as direct replacements for Squier® and Fender® basses, our Badass OGT’s offer several significant improvements over the originals without straying too far from their classic look. Utilizing a cast base plate rather than the traditional stamped-design improves stability and surface contact with the back of the headstock while a hex-head worm-gear tension screw reduces slip, ensures a smooth feel, and improves tuning accuracy. Last but not least, we lengthened the tuning key stem just a smidge for better clearance around the headstock. After all, why settle for average when you can be Badass?
- High-tolerance 22:1 gear ratio for maximum accuracy and minimal slippage.
- Cast Zinc base plate for improved stability and improved contact with the back of the headstock.
- Hex-head worm-gear tension screw reduces slip, ensures a smooth feel and improves tuning accuracy.
- Lengthened tuning key stem and two post sizes accommodates a wide range of Squier and Fender models.
Large Post – 14mm zinc post, bushing requires 18mm headstock hole (18.4mm OD)
- Small Post Version- See TK-7817
- Classic aesthetic preserves the look of your favorite bass.
- 4 screw parallelogram mounting screw pattern (drilling new holes may be required).
Genuine Leo Quan Badass Tuning Keys, Distributed by Allparts Music Corporation. Manufactured in Korea to exacting standards.